Saturday, September 26, 2009

5 months old!

I feel like I just posted a 4 month update. I'd like to take some now & then pictures but that will have to wait for another day. This is the only recent picture of Dio I have. He loves the potty. He doesn't spend all that much time on it, since he always goes right away, but whenever he's on he kicks his feet and grabs things and looks at himself in the mirror.

What else is new with him? He's started to pop off the breast all the time to see what's going on. I haven't done the state-mandated hearing test yet and frankly, I don't think he needs one. He hears all too well. This kid wakes up from the tiniest sound, even when there's a fan running for white noise.

Today went by in a blur. We bought produce at the farmer's market today (6 small cantaloupes, 1 watermelon, 3 zucchini muffins, 2 zucchini, 1 butternut squash, 1 small bottle of apple cider, for a total of $10), stopped at the post office and pharmacy, and ran into several people we knew on the way home--it's a small town, so that happens all the time. After lunch I got Dio down for a nap, then had to run off to play my violin in a wedding. It was held on the grounds of a historic mansion that's right near downtown. The morning started off cool and misty, but the sun came out and turned out to be a gorgeous day for a wedding. I played "Meditation" by Thais for the sand ceremony and "Traumerei" by Schumann for the marching down the aisle part (well, except we were outside and there wasn't really an aisle...) and lots of Bach and other such music for the prelude and postlude. Nothing terribly fancy, but we had to make do since we were outside and didn't have a real piano or good acoustics. Then we all went to the wedding dinner and reception the rest of the afternoon. Zari danced her heart out for much of the time. It was, in Eric's words, a "toddler mosh pit."

3 comments:

  1. I love that photo of Dio, I am thinking of doing some elimination communication with my baby (when he or she arrives in Jan)- so thanks for the tips on how it has worked for you. Before reading this I would have never even thought to try it.
    Many thanks!
    PS - I just love how affordable the farmers market is - I will miss it in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a cutie! I love watching your kids grow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love BBLP pics- I'm due in Jan and also looking forward to doing EC! I love your blog and the more recent posts about breach birth have been really interesting. I am almost dreading going to the hospital to give birth, but I'm going to try to make it work for me. I wonder if they'd even let me try for VBB if it was an issue here in Virginia?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...