Thursday, March 08, 2012

CrossFit

While Eric is doing book tours over spring break, I'm visiting his sister in Ohio. She's a CrossFit trainer, and I've been going to her classes every day.

CrossFit kicked my trash. I can't walk up or down stairs normally. I can't sit down or stand up without grabbing onto something. And yet I keep going back for more.

If you want to take your fitness to a new level, try CrossFit. It's high-intensity, fast-paced strength training and conditioning.

My SIL has 5 kids ages 3 to 13. Thanks to CrossFit, she has a 6-pack for the first time in her life. Maybe some day I will get my abs back...Okay, who am I kidding? Abs back? Maybe someday I will get abs for the first time.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you!!
    This is a very timely post. I have a friend who is a crossfit instructor, he has been urging me to start. I had a son 10 months ago. It was a quick and gentle vaginal birth, though I noticed bulging in my vagina. I have been doing a lot of kegel exercises and am getting results. With crossfit, I was concerned that it might be too much strain on my pelvic muscles? Do you have any thoughts on this?
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the muscles I strained, my pelvic muscles weren't one of them! I think you'd be fine. Maybe try one of the Laselle exercisers for the bulging feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should suggest that to my wife. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...