Sunday, May 12, 2013

Some Mother's Day awesomeness

I'm the first one up this morning. Ivy woke up to nurse at 6 am and I couldn't get back to sleep. So I watched this clip from Stephen Colbert about the newest trend of going diaperless:



During church, I'm going to fill out this FmH Mother's Day Bingo card. I'll give one to Zari, too, to keep her occupied. If I hear anyone say "all women are mothers, if even they aren't mothers" I think I will scream.

I've never really cared for Mother's Day. When I got married, I was trying not to have children for the first 5 years. Then we had several years of unexpected infertility. Then, once I had kids, I resented how our culture gives lip service once a day to mothers but doesn't otherwise do much to support mothering. Read more at Mother's Day Blues.

What are you doing for Mother's Day? 
.

3 comments:

  1. Could I get an invite to labor and deliverance? I checked even my junk mail to make sure I didn't miss it, but I didn't see one.
    Sarahstevenswhite@gmail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have liked our ward today. They did away with all the traditional "mother's day" stuff (with the exception that the primary kids sang) and treated it like a normal meeting. Looking over that bingo card I think only 2 or 3 of those things got mentioned at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that cracked me up! That is totally how I feel about EC. I know some people are way into it, but I just find it downright weird. As for all women being mothers, I do believe that wholeheartedly. I too struggled with infertility. I just think about how Eve was told she was the mother of all living even before she had children.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...