Monday, July 22, 2013

In search of the perfect pajamas...Majamas

Next in line in my search for the perfect pajamas was this set from Majamas, the Blossom nursing pajama set. These pajamas are now discontinued, but it's similar to the Majamas Genna line.


What I like about these pajamas:The fit and cut are pretty much perfect. The top hugs my curves nicely, so I don't feel frumpy (there's nothing worse than feeling frumpy in your pajamas). The fabric has the perfect amount of give. The pants fit just right everywhere.

I purposely bought something with a pattern, because solid fabrics show breastmilk and spit up stains too easily. I like that this pattern hides just about everything. 

What I don't like:
The fiber content is 92% polyester / 8% spandex. Why oh why would anyone ever make pajamas out of synthetic fabric? I didn't realize these were polyester, or I probably wouldn't have bought them. I don't like sleeping in polyester; it feels like you're always sweaty.

I looked at the new Genna line of pajamas. They're made with a new fiber called Modal, which is made from cellulose that comes from beech trees. I imagine it would be much more breathable and absorbent than polyester.

What puzzles me:
These weird circular cutouts in the inside of the top.


I have no idea what they're for. My best guess is that they're holes for holding nursing pads? But that would only work if you're not wearing a sleep bra, and I always wear one for the first 6-9 months or so, maybe even longer. (The new Genna line says it has "discreet inner nursing panels," so they must have re-engineered the top's design. I still think it's way easier to just pull the neck aside than to fuss with nursing panels.)

Even though I dislike the polyester fabric, I still wear these a lot during cooler nights. I like that they cover enough to be comfortable around houseguests.

Retails for $62. I bought mine at Zulily for $35.
.

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely with you on the pulling aside being easier than fussing with nursing bra clips. I just buy regular bras that have no underwire and have a bit of give. They work so much better than nursing bras for everyday imo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dress that is Modal, I thought it was fine silk until I went to wash it. Very soft and breathable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...